Rising Wolf
Rising Wolf
Rising Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The original RP about a high school for martial arts

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 295 on Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:13 pm
Affiliates

---

Energy vs. Strength

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Inari Heureux

Inari Heureux

Credits : 80375

Character Sheet
Stats:
Student Info Card:
Augments:

Energy vs. Strength Empty
PostSubject: Energy vs. Strength   Energy vs. Strength EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 7:40 pm

At present these are the two primary damage stats, with STR providing a source of consistent damage which can be easily reached over time and ENG being the spellcasting stat and leaning towards heavy spikes over time which are traded for resources.

However STR at present is more of a rewarding statistic to invest in than ENG, with it being able to provide a more broadly applicable damage multiplier to all weapon types and standard melee combat.

Would we be able to see an increase in the chi damage multiplier from the ENG stat to try and reward investment in this area so that it is competitive in the short-term with STR.

Asking for a friend.
Back to top Go down
Tang Hao

Tang Hao

Credits : 66366

Character Sheet
Stats:
Student Info Card:
Augments:

PostSubject: Re: Energy vs. Strength   Energy vs. Strength EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 8:07 pm

I was thinking something along the lines of buffing the 0.2 damage per energy stat to 0.5 damage per energy stat to at least make it competitive with strength without allowing the long range versatility of energy to overtake the effectiveness of strength. Energy is also much weaker than strength because it can be nullified with greater ease and it can also be siphoned via special classes and items, so the damage boosts might be able to even the gap between the two.

Last edited by Tang Hao on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tenshi Modoru

Tenshi Modoru

Credits : 64622

Character Sheet
Stats:
Student Info Card:
Augments:

PostSubject: Re: Energy vs. Strength   Energy vs. Strength EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 8:08 pm

I agree with Inari and Tang.
Back to top Go down
Inari Heureux

Inari Heureux

Credits : 80375

Character Sheet
Stats:
Student Info Card:
Augments:

PostSubject: Re: Energy vs. Strength   Energy vs. Strength EmptyThu Jul 06, 2017 9:57 pm

I'm unsure if this is already the case, but if healing could benefit from the DMG amp stat as well that would be one way it could become more broadly applicable to different character types and its less of a 'this is how you do fractionally more dpr' thing.
Back to top Go down
Reinhard Wolf
Admin
Reinhard Wolf

Credits : 35484

Character Sheet
Stats:
Student Info Card:
Augments:

PostSubject: Re: Energy vs. Strength   Energy vs. Strength EmptySun Jul 09, 2017 10:25 pm

It shall be done :)
Back to top Go down
https://rising-wolf.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Energy vs. Strength   Energy vs. Strength Empty

Back to top Go down

Energy vs. Strength
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rising Wolf :: Rules and Information :: Questions and Suggestions-
Jump to: