Rising Wolf
Rising Wolf
Rising Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The original RP about a high school for martial arts

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 295 on Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:13 pm
Affiliates

---

Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sayo Noda

Sayo Noda

Credits : 66044

Character Sheet
Stats:
Student Info Card:
Augments:

Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi] Empty
PostSubject: Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi]   Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi] EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 4:00 am

Tick. Tick. Tick. The clock on the wall echoed in the small classroom. A raven haired woman sat at the desk situated towards the front of the room, the soft scribbles of pen on paper the syncopation of the rhythm of clock's second hand. The afternoon sun flooded the otherwise uninhabited room, casting long shadows of the desks, arranged in rows. The window that allowed the light to seep into the space between the four walls was open, and a gentle summer breeze found its way into the classroom on occasion. The door that led to a stark white hallway remained open, but classes weren't in session, and one could hear a pin drop. The woman sat in the position for a while, scribbling on one paper after another-- shifting page behind page. The task was repetitive-- tedious even, and as she shifted each page, there were large walls of colored text on each, the purple ink still fresh from her pen.

She had read somewhere once that if a paper was graded in red pen, the recipient of the grade would be more likely to be defensive, and feel like a failure. While she doubted the validity of this 'fact' she couldn't bring herself to mark a page with red ink. She had nearly every other color in the small case on her desk-- blue, green, purple, teal, orange... there wasn't a red pen among them. As she shifted another paper to the back of the small stack that she was working on, a soft smile tugged at the edge of her lips. At the top of the now front page, she saw familiar markings: purple of her own hand. She let out a soft sigh of relief-- as her eyes, which today were decidedly grey, found their way to the clock. "Ten minutes... that didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would." The stack quickly found its way to a folder on the top of the desk, for quick distribution later.

As she finished placing the papers away, the raven haired woman rolled her chair away from the desk with a firm kick from her left leg, sending her about 4 feet back. The woman stretched out, toes pointing in her boots,  fingers interlacing as her arms rose above her head. A gentle pop came from her body as she did. "Sayo, you're getting old, apparently." she told herself sternly, before standing up. She pushed in the office chair, closing the gap between it and the desk, before swiftly opening a drawer. She plucked out a cube, various colors mixed up on each side. She palmed the cube, turning it over in her hand as she walked towards the open window.

From the window, muffled sounds of the students below could be heard, overtaking the ticking of the wall mounted clock. Nearer to this window, the woman's long, dark locks swayed gently as the breeze picked it up. As a strand fluttered into her face, her free hand tucked it behind her ear. The woman's figure leaned against the wall... Her clothes were black and white, a white button up shirt, that at one time been crisp and pressed, but had become relaxed as her day progressed into the afternoon, but the well tailored black pants still hung on her body, perfectly disappearing into her heeled black, ankle boots. The dark lines made her legs look longer as she stood, pressed against the muted yellow wall of the classroom. She strained for a while trying to make out individual conversations of the students below, and failed. After a while she allowed her eyes to glance back to the clock. 7 minutes. She exhaled a soft breath. She was supposed to be hosting a meeting with the student body president. She had yet to meet the boy in person, and she wanted to get a feel for his goals of running the council, before they hosted their first official club meeting.

She had thought that reviewing the Student Council Representative application letters would have taken more time, but she had apparently been too efficient with them. Now she was bored as she waited for the senior to arrive to her classroom. Her eyes studied the jumbled cube for a moment, before turning back to the clock. Her body remained stiff as she waited for the second hand to creep towards the 6. As it did, her fingers flicked and moved the different rows and columns of the cube, frantically moving each color to its proper place. As each side coordinated towards a color, her grey gaze turned back to the clock. "Twenty-six seconds." her tongue clicked against the roof of her mouth in disapproval as she looked back at the cube, and she let out a sigh, letting the cube drop below her line of sight, her hands twisting and turning it back into a disorganized state to try again. She let her glance shift to the open door that led to the hallway. While there was no visible figure lingering in the doorway, she called out anyways. "Come in..."  
Back to top Go down
Tenshi Modoru

Tenshi Modoru

Credits : 65322

Character Sheet
Stats:
Student Info Card:
Augments:

PostSubject: Re: Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi]   Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi] EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 4:21 am

The sound of footsteps seemed to be in complete concurrence with the sound of the clocks ticking. There was a sort of rhythmic lull to the sound, a quick Clickclack to every tick, making a simple if not hypnotic beat. The time was nearing the scheduled appointment between the young man and his new adviser. Tenshi had been the Student Council President for a single year now, the changes made to the club being vastly unchecked and unmeasured by the supposed power of the school. The old adviser had seemed to keep an eye on the children at best, believing in an extremely offhanded approach.

To say he had been caught off guard by the teachers call for a meeting would be no exaggeration. Surely such a thing was expected as the norm for most clubs, and just about any school. For a school such as Rising Wolf it was mandated. The Principal held his students and his teachers to astronomically high standards, and why would he not? The school was not only the best in the world for gifted youth in aspects such as martial arts but also one of the best for education. To offer a solid structure with teachers who cared seemed only natural.

For the Student Council, though, it was almost expected for them to run themselves. Tenshi had taken full advantage of that in the first year or so, centralizing the authority that the Student Council president had over the other positions and making it so that representatives answered to him almost as much as the adviser. Such an act was crass to say the least. Most teachers would have nixed such an idea before it ever had time to blossom. That said, the adviser was not an observant man and Tenshi was not your average student.

Regardless of what the meeting had been called for, be it her desire to meet with the student whom she'd be most closely working with or her confusion of the policies in place that were rather far reaching, he thought it best to address them early. The nervousness or anxiety that should have been in any student preparing to explain their actions was no where to be found. Chin angled upwards, eyes determined yet gentle, shoulders back and body relaxed. He had in him a confidence that radiated and a gaze that held absolutely no doubt. How one carried themselves would not necessarily save them from the influence of others, but it would certainly solidify their positions.

As the clock hit the scheduled meeting time, the footsteps stopped. He was just outside and to the side the door, and as he reached to knock upon the wall a voice echoed out, urging him to come in. His hand stopped just short of its knock, his face unchanging for but a moment before a grin took his lips. She could have been extremely intent on the hallway, observant of the extra noise echoing with the sound of the clock, or simply expected him to be perfectly on time for their meeting. Regardless, she had certainly made a solid first impression.

Stepping around the corner, his hand back to his side, the grin remained on his face. Stepping into the room and approaching her location, he stopped at the closest student desk and leaned forward, eyes closing and making a light bow. Standing back up tall, he locked eyes with the teacher once more. His entire demeanor still held their confidence, as if he had just as much control here as she herself did.

"Hello, Professor Noda. My name is Tenshi Modoru and I am the Student Council President. It is a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance." Reaching his hand out to offer a handshake, it was an attempt to show both respect and to confirm that his confidence was in no way meant to be demeaning. He'd simply rather come as himself and show her exactly the man she'd be working with, rather than offer her some false persona that would simply make the future complicated. Should she choose to accept the handshake, it would be a firm grasp in which offered a sense of equality, rather than a light grasp that he had found many of his other male colleagues offered their female counterparts.
Back to top Go down
Sayo Noda

Sayo Noda

Character Sheet
Stats:
Student Info Card:
Augments:

PostSubject: Re: Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi]   Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi] EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 5:10 am

She was almost surprised that she had been correct about the student outside the door. Truth be told, she wasn't positive that there was a presence in the hallway when she called out, but she was glad she trusted her gut. The young man was on time. That was always a good sign. "I appreciate your timeliness Mr. Modoru. It's good to know that you'll honor my time as much as I will yours." Her words were soft spoken but sure placed, as she walked forward.

Her classroom wasn't large, and it didn't take long to close the gap between the two of them, none the less each step was slow and deliberate as she paced forward to meet the young man. She maintained eye contact with him as she walked, all the while her digits quickly flicked at the jumbled cube that was in her hand. By the time she had reached the young man, the cube had returned to prestige condition: matching color on all sides. She placed the cube down on the desk that kept a buffer between her and the male student, before reaching out her hand to accept his extended gesture. Her handshake was firm and deliberate but was not one that fought to control the young man's. She had learned long ago the difference between a strong handshake and those that were intended to be crippling.

She let her hand linger for an acceptable amount of time, before retracting it. She made her way back to her own desk, casually sitting on the corner of it. Her posture was straight, even as she leaned. "Now that the pleasantries are out of the way..." she began bluntly, her gaze unfaltering from the student in front of her. "I was hoping that we could have an honest dialogue. she paused for a brief moment, to allow the student to settle in, had he needed to.

Mr. Modoru, I understand that this will be the beginning of your second year as student council president... Now from what I've gathered, you worked quite diligently this past year to make some rather... unprecidented changes." she watched the man intently as she spoke, watching the minute changes and shifts that he might display as she spoke. "I'd first like to come to an agreement on my role in student council as your mentor. What are your goals for this year and how would a staff  member fit into these goals for you and your school? What supports do you need to make those a reality, and how could collaboration with school staff be a benefit you?" she was rapid firing questions, but if the boy was as bright as she hoped he was, he would quickly discern that they all asked the same thing: how did he intend to use her for his gain?

She patiently waited for a reply.
Back to top Go down
Tenshi Modoru

Tenshi Modoru

Character Sheet
Stats:
Student Info Card:
Augments:

PostSubject: Re: Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi]   Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi] EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 12:58 pm

She seemed to take herself seriously, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing by any means. With Tenshi being a senior, he would soon graduate from Rising Wolf. While that would end their teacher student dynamic, it was still very much so alive and well in their current setting. The truth of the matter was that regardless of how much power he gained within his club, the woman standing before him was still the teacher. She had veto rights, as well as a much stronger ability to discuss things with the Principal than he could ever have. Knowing that she wished to remain professional, at least for the time being, meant that he would likely get a fair chance at explaining himself. He just had to make sure he didn't mess that part up.

As the hands fell away and she spoke her mind, a curt nod represented that he agreed with her entirely. "I would appreciate that very much." With that said, his body language contrasted hers. While she sat upon the corner of her desk, showing a light release of her tension and relaxing in his presence, Tenshi remained firm. Tall, resolute, his arms went behind his body where his hands interlocked, showing a paced patience.

As she spoke, his demeanor seemed unmoving. The light grin, the steadfast eyes and the multicolored iris' that stared almost as much through her as he did at her. Many had said that he had the presence of a man much older than he was, though whether or not she got the same feeling had yet to be determined. Quickly, her buildup shifted from description to inquiry.

"I am glad that you have taken such an interest in the club that you will be advising, Professor. While it was certainly an unexpected turn of events, it is both appreciated and understood. After all, a teacher who desires to be involved with their students should very well grasp the ideals of their student." His words came out with a light tone, despite their business like nature. "Now that you have made it clear that you plan to be involved in the affairs of the Student Council, I hope that you would take more of a representative role, similar to that of the United States Supreme Court."

Offering just the slightest pause before continuing, his body finally began to relax. His hands unlocked from behind him, leaning back upon a students desk where he took a near its center. His legs were uneven, one gently on the ground while the other dangled in the air. His hands took to either side of him on the edge of the desk, either to balance him or simply to make them comfortable.

"As Student Council president, I have made movements to consolidate more power into the hands of the president for the next year. These actions are intended to be undone before I left, though the reality is that life takes charge more often than not. By establishing you as the one who makes sure we follow legality of the school and the maintenance of a fair and balanced system, you would retain the power to undo most if not all decisions of the Student Council."

As he spoke, his body remained almost stationary. He was drawn into his own words, though not tricked by some sort of false grandeur. He wanted to speak only the truth to make sure that there would be no stutters moving forward. "There is the obvious fact that no matter what the Student Council enforces, enough teachers could undo our decisions. My hope is to allow you to better understand myself over time so that you may better understand my actions. The fact of the matter here is that Rising Wolf should serve as no more than a stepping stone for its students before they propel themselves into the next phases of their life. While it has served its duty in doing that on paper, I believe that Rising Wolf also has done a splendid job of making students feel trapped in the legacy of the school. My goal over the next year is to make it possible for individuals to establish themselves in this school, through means both academic and extra curricular. With that, I hope that it will allow students to both make connections, and recognize others as potential beacons in the future rather than feeling stuck to a singular force."

He had droned on at this point, but at no time did he fall off topic. Each of the things he said were done so to not only answer her question, but to smooth out the wrinkles that would have needed follow up questions. It was almost without a doubt that new questions would still have arisen, but hopefully that display had given her both an idea of his intentions and as to who he was.

"Before we continue," he started before she'd be able to get out her follow up questions, ""May I just call you by your name when dealing with Club activities? I mean no disrespect, but I do hope for us to work together on equal footing."
Back to top Go down
Sayo Noda

Sayo Noda

Character Sheet
Stats:
Student Info Card:
Augments:

PostSubject: Re: Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi]   Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi] EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 4:14 pm

The woman's foot, as it remained suspended from the ground from her position, bobbed as she listened intently to the young man's goals... If she could call them that. Clearly the young man was an old soul, and likely a successful politician in a past life. Truthfully the entire diatribe, was, as inspirational and well intentioned as it may have been, rather vague and gave her no real insight to the young man and his vision. The explanation was fine, she supposed, but not as awe-inspiring as she had hoped from someone with as impressive of a resume as he had. The words felt almost for show, as though he was trying to get on her good side, to say things with class and charisma. He was commendable at the very least, though perhaps too abstract in his approach to get her fully committed to his mission. She tended to be someone that worked best in the concrete.

As she contemplated the best follow-up questions, the man's own inquiry caught her off guard, if only for a moment.  

"May I just call you by your name when dealing with Club activities? I mean no disrespect, but I do hope for us to work together on equal footing."

She looked at him blankly, allowing silence to fall between the two of them for a brief while. For the first time since their introduction she could hear the ticking of the clock again. She had hoped the young man would follow up his question with some reasoning other than his spewing equality malarkey. Perhaps she hadn't given him long enough to explain, but she broke the silence none the less.

"No, you may not." she began flatly and decisively. She shifted her position on the desk, allowing herself to fold over, resting her chin in the palm of her hand. Interestingly enough, the position was not one of defensiveness, but rather amusement-- How instantly the young man morphed from a wise, amiable, old soul to an impatient, self-centered boy. Even as she shifted, her gaze remained steady on the room's other occupant. She couldn't help but wonder what events the young man had experienced in order to be gifted with such tenacity. She hoped that one day, he could learn to refine it better.

"If you want to work with someone on equal footing, you should likely not make such a bold request that is entirely unequal in output." her words were harsh, but there was no condemnation in their tone. Genuinely, she wanted to inform him of how much he was asking, with so little to hope for as a result. She paused for a moment, letting the statement sink in before she elaborated.

"If your desire is for me to be the ambassador to other staff members, to persuade them in confidence of your tactical acquisition of more power for the student body, I do not understand how being on a first name basis with you would put me in a position to do so without my professional integrity being questioned by my peers." There was a stigma in the education field of course, to demand respect from your students as a teacher. If other teachers were to find out that she allowed students to address her so informally, there would certainly be questions if she commanded the respect of her pupils, or just let them call the shots. Certainly, this wouldn't be of advantage, if any of the student council's actions were scrutinized.

"To be honest, Tenshi the only benefit I see to that proposition is to stroke your own ego. When you can come up with a situation where it is mutually favorable for both of us to address each other in such a way, I will reconsider it." She clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth, half anticipating the young man to attempt to change her mind right then and there. Regardless, he would have to earn the right to be her equal, and he had yet to accomplish it so far. If anything, he was losing ground. Disappointing. She allowed the silence to settle over her, waiting for him to respond in one way or another. How one acts after they have been reprimanded tends to be a lot more defining than the actions before. How he continued, or discontinued their interaction would be meaningful in one way or another, and she wanted to give him every opportunity to redeem himself.
Back to top Go down
Tenshi Modoru

Tenshi Modoru

Character Sheet
Stats:
Student Info Card:
Augments:

PostSubject: Re: Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi]   Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi] EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 8:17 pm

Her facial expression didn't exactly show evidence of a woman impressed with what he had said. He noticed the lack of significant change as he spoke, but his acknowledgement of that wasn't reflected physically. His expression remained the same, the same confidence in what he was saying as he had before he had even begun saying it. This answer, as well as the questions that followed, were just as much about probing her as they were about answering her questions. She was not the only one coming in blind into this relationship. Tenshi was hoping to better understand who exactly it was he was working with. Actions would speak much louder than words, he'd simply have to make sure not to destroy their working relationship until then.

She quickly shut down his inquiry, an answer that he had neither expected nor felt caught off guard by. He hadn't exactly walked into the situation thinking that she'd be a specific way or form. He planned to go through it blind, finding out exactly how far he could push and how much he could take. It would have been arrogant to think that he could convert a person who knew nothing of him with words alone. It would be ignorant to assume that he would definitely bring her to his side at all. He would simply find out what he could do, and probe it continuously moving forward.

"I did not think the deal was unequal at all, but that may be because I didn't view it as a bargain or deal." As he said this, his appearance showed no signs of changing. It seemed safe to assume that his confidence was going to be remain unshaken, regardless of what was going to happen. "I understood that your goal was to ensure that the Club can thrive and be a positive experience for the students, especially the ones under your care. I assumed that the progress we could make would be much more substantial if we could discuss it without the worry of having to tip toe around issues in the attempt to be overly polite or respectful due to a constant acknowledgement of our different levels of authority."

"To think that my words, or even your own, would be enough to convince the other members of staff here at Rising Wolf would truly be stroking my ego. Actions speak much louder than words, and until I begin showing the results of the changes in which I've made there will be no confidence in my leadership." With his words said, he decided to begin to probe into his adviser himself. "What are your goals as the Student Council adviser, and what would you like to see both from myself and the rest of our club members moving forward?" The tempo had shifted into him probing her with a fluidity that could make one suspect that he had been leading the conversation the entire time, though whether or not that's what she'd suspect was yet to be seen. Whether or not that was the truth, well, one could only take guesses.
Back to top Go down
Sayo Noda

Sayo Noda

Character Sheet
Stats:
Student Info Card:
Augments:

PostSubject: Re: Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi]   Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi] EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 1:42 am

The man in front of her remained stoic and unchanging, even as their words shot back and forth between the two of them. As she rejected his proposal, a flutter of surprise settled in her stomach. His demeanor was no different than before, even with the stinging harshness she knew that her words were laced with.

Perhaps he was more mature than she had given him credit for-- After all, he didn't seem to be taken aback by her retort. Maybe he wasn't foolish enough to think that she would say yes, but rather he was testing his waters. That or he was a very good actor at suppressing his emotions. Manipulative or charismatic: she couldn't decide which was more likely: regardless, he truthfully was a fantastic politician.

The moment of intrigue faded quickly as he retorted back to the woman, claiming that he didn't see it as a bargain. Disappointment quickly set in again. Regardless of how mature his demeanor suggested that he was, obviously he didn't see the situation through the same lens that she did. It appeared that it wasn't worth explaining to him-- that efficiency was much less important than preserving each other's integrity towards the audience in which they hoped to impact... Especially with something as meaningless as a name. She breathed a heavy sigh, not hiding her lack of approval of his statement.

Regardless, she let the man continue his speech. She wondered if his statement about their words holding enough power to convince others being a stroke to his ego was meant to get a rise from, or if they were spoken merely for clarification. There was no obvious malice in his voice, but still, she couldn't help but think to some insecure being they would be offensive. Luckily, she wasn't one such being. She let the words slide off her, unaffected by whatever meaning they carried. Instead she mulled over his question for four seconds before responding.

"The thing about being the adviser in this situation, Mr. Modoru, is that I don't have very specific goals for the club, like you or other students may have. After all, it's my job to merely mentor you all, rather than provide suggestions or press my own agenda. she started simply, though she knew that her answer didn't satiate his question-- or at least, she hoped that it wouldn't. That's why she continued, after a pause only for a breath.

"As such, any desires that I have for this situation revolve exclusively on the patrons of this club-- you included of course. Truthfully it's my desire to be used as a resource. That I may be a pawn in the club's success, rather than the queen." she spoke about the club being a game of chess... she assumed that it didn't need explanation, and so she chose not to elaborate. Instead, she continued her diatribe...

"My role as a teacher is to present you with situations that may challenge your perception of reality-- to play devil's advocate when my opinion is requested. And to let you try-- to succeed or fail-- when it isn't. I don't intend to stifle or suffocate any of you with an overbearing presence." she was about to continue, but instead she stifled herself. She merely shrugged, as she allowed silence to settle over her tongue again, breaking it only to clarify "Did that sufficiently answer your question?"

She waited for his response, either in affirmation, or with further questions. Meanwhile, she reached across her desk, plucking her purple pen and a pad of paper, from their respective homes. Her eyes returned to the young man in front of her, even as the pen etched a message onto the paper, that would remain unread until it met its intended recipient. Regardless of how the conversation pressed forward, nimble fingers would tear the inscribed page from the pad and fold it neatly-- her creases deliberate and sharp.
Back to top Go down
Tenshi Modoru

Tenshi Modoru

Character Sheet
Stats:
Student Info Card:
Augments:

PostSubject: Re: Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi]   Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi] EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 1:39 pm

As she spoke, Tenshi's appearance remained unwavering in its confidence. His demeanor had shifted ever so slightly, but it was one that almost couldn't be detected by anyone who had not an eye for detail. His body had shifted forward, his head turning ever so slightly to the left. For someone who took in the finer changes in body languages, what had happened was obvious. He was giving her his full attention, obviously heavily invested in what she was saying. Whether or not it was due to something that was going his way or simply due to him having more of an interest in her now was anyone's guess. He let out no detail other than the fact that he was very interested in what she had to say, and as she reached the end of her response, she asked him if she had responded appropriately.

Turning his gaze back to her completely, his eyes locking with her own as he stared at her in silence for a few moments, he paused. His eyes would linger upon hers for a few moments, his face unchanging. A test to see how she felt under direct scrutiny. If she met his gaze with unwavering confidence, his grin would turn into an almost joyful smile as he sat back up to his full height. If she looked away, or showed any signs of being uncomfortable, a light chuckle would ease from him before he regained his full height. He stood from his seated position, clapping his hands together once and giving her his first genuine smile. "That is precisely what I wished to hear, Professor." To say that she had walked into his web would be a pompous declaration of control that he was not foolish enough to make. In truth she had caught him off guard, being both more direct and more open than he had ever imagined she would be. She had proved her resolve and her steadfast faith in her own beliefs, which could actually turn out to be difficult to deal with. All he truly had to do was prove to her that he was the right candidate for the job, something that no amount of words would have ever done in the first place.

"I will be calling upon a meeting to select my Vice President shortly, and I would appreciate if you could attend. Whether or not you wish to be directly involved or observe from an outsiders perspective doesn't particularly matter," he started as he took a few strides over to the chalkboard, grabbing a piece of material to write with. As he wrote out names on the board, he put bulletins below them with information that the school knew of them. She had made it clear that she had looked into the changes he had made to the Student Council, and so he assumed she knew full well that he'd given himself the authority to assign the positions within it. Vladmir Vista, Inari Heureux, Amira Jager, Geno Ranzu. Each one of them had listed their grades, other clubs they were members of, their known chi's, and the number of incidents they had been involved in at the school if any.

"If you wish to be a pawn, that means that you acknowledge me as the King; The metaphorical piece in which the player himself is represented. Arrogance of the claim aside, that should mean you have no problem with me considering your piece given Promotion," his reference was to the act of getting a pawn to the other side of the board, thus allowing one to replace the pawn with any other piece. "Consider yourself more a bishop. Used to secure ones place on the board and to force moves out of the opponents, rather than to lock in any specific strategy for victory." Placing the chalk back down upon where it belonged in the first place, he swept his hands together to get the residue from his hands.

"As the clubs adviser, I hope that you can also consider yourself my personal adviser. I hope that means you can be a personal adviser for any member of this club who wishes for the guidance of an outside and trusted party. My hope is that you will use this upcoming meeting to advise me on who my Vice President should be. Obviously there are different ideals on what a second in command should encompass, and each one would likely excel at the position in their own way. This is why I hope you can be a second voice to help steer my decision in a direction I may not have previously considered, which would also help me grow as a leader and individual."

His tone had shifted, slightly more conversational now than it had been before. Though he still maintained some formality, it was obvious that she had both earned his respect and given him the answer in which he had been seeking. With that decided, it was now a matter of seeing whether or not she'd truly play the role in which she claimed she was willing to fill.
Back to top Go down
Sayo Noda

Sayo Noda

Character Sheet
Stats:
Student Info Card:
Augments:

PostSubject: Re: Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi]   Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi] EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 2:34 am

Even as she finished folding the piece of paper, pressing it against the flat wooden top of the desk, she  kept a hold of his gaze. The young man had allowed the silence to settle over them. His stare was unwavering. She couldn't help but think it was some sort of intimidation tactic. Long awkward silences hadn't bothered her for years, and so she kept her gaze intact, as she waited patiently for him to speak. Apparently such a reaction brought some sort of pleasure to her pupil, as a genuine smile (or at least what she assumed was a genuine smile, compared to the other grins he had allowed to be painted across his visage) forced its way to his lips. As he finally answered she would nod, offering a gentle smile in return. She hadn't been expecting such a reaction, but she found contentment in it.

He didn't bother allowing inaction to fall over them again, as he proceeded forward, requesting her presence at the next meeting. The raven-haired woman nodded, a silent agreement that she would make the meeting a priority. Grey orbs followed his movement: as he stood, walked to her board, and began writing names, and summaries next to them. He hadn't asked for her permission to write on the board-- instead he had taken command of the situation. He held himself with an air of authority. She could appreciate for the moment, how it was that this man acquired his power. For a few seconds, as his tall frame occupied the front of the classroom, writing words with decisive direction, she saw the mature, future minded soul she had envisioned he would be.

Then he spoke again. His words were, as they had been since he introduced himself, laced with confidence, and calculated: teetering along the lines of arrogant. They were an extension of her own statement, as he quickly referenced the game of chess she had alluded. Despite all this, the woman couldn't help but find amusement in his words-- and whatever mental image they had created in her mind. As he finished writing, her hand covered her mouth, and her body shook with stifled laughter. "Bishop it is then." she squeaked in affirmation, still attempting to keep her composure. The tone of her voice may have suggested that she was withholding tears, or anger, as her hand covered from her nose to her chin, hiding the amused grin that had captured her lips.

She had managed to stifle the giggle that remained in her gut until he was finished dictating what he had hoped her role would be. Truthfully, his words were, what she had been hoping to hear from him when she had asked first what he had hoped from collaboration from a school staff member. She was impressed with the tact in which they were spoken, but she couldn't shake the laughter that was in her abdomen.

The eruption of laughter pressed past the woman's lips. It was bubbly and airy-- genuine, and as far from malicious as it could have been. It lasted for a few moments, before she interjected words between the chuckle. "I'm sorry..." she brokenly attempted, perhaps taking care not to make the young man imprint her laughter as discredit to him. After a short while, she recovered, her posture shifting from the double-over position, to regal within a few short moments. Her mind had gone to an awful joke about bishops she had once heard, and his word choice as he continued to speak had only made the thought funnier. Of course, discussion of such crude things with a student was inherently unethical, and so she offered him no explanation. Perhaps she would explain to him, one day when he was older-- why she had been so amused, but today certainly wasn't the day.

Had he not left in frustration, she would continue their conversation. She cleared her throat for a moment, though the joviality didn't dissipate from her visage-- the amusement still laced in her voice as she spoke. "Regardless... Yes, I will do everything in my power to give guidance when it is sought, including helping you select the best vice president, and offering advice to help you advance as a leader and a human being." she stated, the chuckle stuck in her throat still. Still she watched the young man intently, curious if her outburst had caused his demeanor to shift, or how he would react to her sudden lapse back into business. How he met this change in demeanor would, after all, give more insight than she had before.

Nimble fingers grabbed the folded paper that she had left on her desk, and with a fluid movement, she was standing straight again. She took a step forward, extending the small note to the young man. She wouldn't offer guidance of what the row of numbers printed on the page were. She assumed he knew how phone numbers worked. "In case you need to schedule a meeting... Or have a question you need answered." she would state, after the piece of paper was in his hand. Her demeanor maintained the casualness that Tenshi had initiated, and a gentle smile tugged at either side of her mouth-- a fragment from the laughing fit that had possessed her being.
Back to top Go down
Tenshi Modoru

Tenshi Modoru

Character Sheet
Stats:
Student Info Card:
Augments:

PostSubject: Re: Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi]   Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi] EmptySun Jul 02, 2017 1:39 pm

As Tenshi spoke to her about his plan, he couldn't help but be completely caught off guard by her reaction. To say that he was a steadfast man who was hard to shock would be an accurate assessment, but even he could not predict everything. She had just spent the entire conversation up to that point painting herself as an immovable object. She was stern, serious, and took the entire situation seriously. Far too seriously, he had thought, to find herself in the predicament she was in now. He hadn't an idea of what had caused the laughter, but the surprise on his face couldn't be masked. As she apologized in an almost squeaky voice that had certainly broken any sort of intimidating presence she had made for herself until then, he couldn't help but let out a chuckle. The whole thing was both surprising and amusing, and he was not some sort of emotionless ruler who acted on logic alone. Tenshi was a young man who could feel and react just as anyone else, he was simply better at hiding it than most. Still, there was something about the woman's laughter that made it hard for him to fight off the urge to join her.

As she handed him her phone number on a piece of paper and reconfirmed what he had already believed, he took the folded piece of paper and secured it into his pocket. She had taught him one last valuable lesson about their upcoming time together, and that was that they had no reason to not be friendly. She was obviously very serious about her work and her appearance, as well as maintaining a professional relationship. Of that he was both understanding and willing to adhere to. Still, she seemed to know how to allow elements of a more lighthearted nature into their workplace without allowing it to completely shatter the work that had been built upon. For a moment he wondered if it would even be possible to propose her being the vice president, but the silly thought quickly ran itself from his mind. Every position had its job, and she was no different. Though she would not be used in the metaphorical game that was preparing itself for play, she would remain an integral part of his strategy.

The path ahead seemed to be lined with positive outcomes, and he was certain that she would play a major role in that. He looked forward to being able to get to know his adviser more, and wondered for the briefest of moments what the future for this club looked like. Quickly enough the thoughts were dashed as he stepped back in front of his teacher, offering a bow and extending his hand to shake hers once again. "Thank you again for your time Professor, I'm glad that we got to do this meeting. I will be adding you to the group message in which I call the meeting, and I hope that using your classroom to hold it would be acceptable." He made sure to say it in a statement, but in such a way that she knew she had the option to veto it. Once her hand was shook and her final words spoken, Tenshi would give her a final nod of respect before making his way from the room. This had been a fruitful meeting indeed.

-EXIT-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi]   Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi] Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet Your Mentor [Tenshi]
Page 1 of 1